
Recently we have had trouble with our neighbor's. We have 4, 1 connected to us, 2 below us and 1 across the driveway from us. The ones in the same building as us don't bother us personally but the ones right next to us are drug dealers and have people visit them 20+ times a day and that doesn't look good when I babysit.
The ones below us have parties two or three times a week and are super loud till around 3am when they do. They also have a dog that they lock outside at night and it howles and cries all night long right by our window (I have been tempted to steal it and keep it for myself many times because it is a good dog!).
And the worst neighbor thinks our driveway is his driveway and he has brain problems and is just a idiot.
So to get to the point we are sick of renting. Sick of living RIGHT next to someone without even 2 feet of our own land. Tired of all the noise and just want a home we can call our own and not have to worry about neighbors. We are ready to move forward and have a change.

If you have read my other blog about moving you know we are moving up to the country for at least the summer. We are now praying very hard about actually buying my brothers house and land and moving there permanently. The way the economy is and the way the country is continuing to go down hill buying it and staying there really seems like a good thing to do right now and we really feel God is leading us in that direction.
I don't know that I am completely happy with the idea of being "stuck" there forever but I also don't really feel we will be stuck there. We can move in, keep fixing it up, start paying Andre. And if we decide to move if Kendell finds a better job somewhere we can move and always have that home to move back to! So it's not a huge problem. I honestly think we will like living up there and I don't think we will change our mind. Living in town has made me realize how much of a country girl I really am!
So we will have a 2 bedroom house with 10 acres around the house and another 20 shared acres that we share with my parents (that is how the agreement was made between my brother and my parents).
When we have a bunch of kids it will be fairly easy to build onto the house, either adding a addition on the side or building a second floor. But we won't have to worry about that for a few years. The bedroom there has had 5 kids living in it before so it's not going to be a huge issue putting 2 or 3 in there until we can get something built!
We will also have a big garden space, my brother and my oldest sister have both gardened there so it already has nice garden soil to start it again.
Another really big reason why I think it's a great idea is if we move up there we will be getting pregnant soon! It will be more affordable and so Kendell will feel more comfortable with it and he already is liking the idea of a home birth!
My husband has decided that instead of making a decision now on if we will stay or move out later we will move up for the summer and if it goes well and we like it and we still feel it is what God wants us to do, we will stay. I really feel God wants this though. But we will see! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment