Recently it finally hit me that I have in fact, grown up!
Since I moved out I never really thought about it. I never realized how much more I do or how much has changed for me.
Today I was listening to a song called never grow up by (of course) Taylor Swift, and it talks about things you do when you are little or when your a teenager and I was just sitting here listening and it hit me, I grew up! I no longer have my mommy and daddy here to baby me. To take care of me when I'm sick or to teach me what they believe to be right and wrong. I no longer am a child. It hit me so hard I was overwhelmed with the feeling! I can never be the child ever again.
Don't get me wrong I love being the wife and someday I will love being the parent but it's a strange feeling knowing you will never be a child ever again.
Never being tucked into bed at night, never being hugged and kissed goodnight by my parents. Never having asigned chores or doing school at my moms kitchen table.
I never thought I'd cherish all the times I did chores or school but I am! So many memories come back to me when I think of my childhood and it just all hit me at once when I realized I'm not in my childhood anymore and I am now an adult. It's no longer my present it's my past and I can never go back there. I don't think a lot people realize how important every stage of life is untill it's gone. I never realized how important it was to be a child because all I wanted was to grow up! Now I look back and see how important it was to be a child, I had a good childhood and I wouldn't change it for anything. It all helped me grow up and prepared me for this new stage of life.
I am a wife. I left my parents and now I am under the protection of my husband. Now he is my provider and I depend on him and God instead of my parents. Now he protects me from bad people and bad choices. Now he tucks me into bed and kisses and hugs me goodnight. Being a wife is amazing and I am glad I have entered adulthood. Being a wife is a new part of life. Next comes being a mother, and even though I am excited for when that time comes, I am completely happy with just being a wife.
So everyone out there in a hurry to grow up, slow down! Live in the now not in the future and enjoy being young because you can only do it once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment