Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stretch Marks.

Ever since I was 8 or 9 I have had stretch marks. They are passed down from my dad's side of the family and even as skinny as he has always been he has them.

I have always hated them. Thought they were gross and not normal. I would envy other girl's my age that had none.

I have stretch marks on my back, hips, knees, legs, boobs, belly, arms.

Since I am pregnant I have lots more.

The other day they were really bothering me, I never had any on my belly until I got pregnant and I was complaining to my husband about women I see who have none that are full term pregnant or just as pregnant as me.
I expected him to just kiss my belly and tell me it's okay and that I'm beautiful and lots of women have stretch marks. A good answer that makes me feel like he loves me, but doesn't help me love myself.

Instead he did that and then told me to think of it as my family tree. He said "Think of them as a family tree, they look like the beginning of a family tree :)".
That really helped me. After I showered this morning I looked in the mirror and saw my "family tree" and I felt good about it! These aren't just stretch marks like all the rest, they aren't from getting fat, they are from growing a child inside of me!
They are a reminder of everything I have been through during the pregnancy from the kicks to the emotions to the heartburn and I am glad I have this reminder.



Side view of my belly, 33 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment