I am 39 1/2 weeks pregnant. My "due date" is on Sunday. My body is preparing. I have felt in labor a few times this past week but it always stopped and I know it's just my body getting ready.
My Doctor, or the doctor (I don't claim her as mine because I cannot stand her) wants to start non-stress tests at 40 weeks 1 day and she wants to do a ultrasound that day as well. She also wants to strip my membranes.
It is ridiculous. Going over your due date by one day is NOT a emergency!
I am canceling my appointment and making one for 41 weeks 1 day, if I am still pregnant I will do the non-stress test that day. But I won't do a ultrasound. $700 dollars for something that isn't needed that probably is bad for me and the baby is just stupid.
This pregnancy has gone so good. I have stayed pretty calm and have stayed really healthy. I had some swelling but that went away with a high protein diet (my dr. wanted me on strict bed rest and only getting up to pee and shower and eat, even though I'm 39 weeks and the only symptom I had was swelling she assumed I have preeclamcia...).
I still feel great. I am big, but it doesn't bother me or effect most of what I do daily. I wouldn't have a problem going 42 weeks at all if that is what the baby needs.
Tonight is a full moon. A lot of people think babies are born on full moons. My mom had her first baby on a full moon and that night there were 43 other women in labor. Obviously the baby has to be ready, but maybe tonight is the night, either way I am happy. Everyone says the last few weeks/days are the hardest. I have had a few hard days where I got so anxious and just wanted the baby to be here already. But for the most part I'm not in a hurry.
I will miss this. The kicks and just knowing there is life inside of me. The baby is as close to me as he ever will be. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!
And while I am enjoying these last few days, I look forward to the day he is in our arms :).
Jacob or Emily, come when you are ready, I am ready for you:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment